The Longwood Lancers (10-16, 5-8 BigSou) will be at Kimmel Arena to challenge the UNC Asheville Bulldogs (10-13, 4-8 BigSou) in a BigSou matchup. The game is scheduled to start at 6 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 13, 2020.
Longwood Lancers vs. UNC Asheville Bulldogs Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Bulldogs were beaten by the Hampton Pirates, 80-70, while the Lancers barely escaped the Campbell Fighting Camels, 57-56.
Longwood’s 9.5 turnover percentage was their biggest strength over Campbell, who had a rate of 21.3. The Lancers’ mark was better than their season average of 18.5, while the Fighting Camels’ was above their season average of 17.5. UNC Asheville, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (15.2 vs. 15.9). LJ Thorpe played a massive role in the victory for UNC Asheville with 17 points, 13 rebounds and 10 assists to register his zeroth triple-double of the year. Meanwhile, Leslie Nkereuwem had a solid performance for Longwood, putting up nine points and six rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, DeVon Baker led the Bulldogs to a 71-66 win. He scored a game-high 19 points. The Bulldogs’ 16.1 turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Lancers, who had a mark of 23.5.
It could be a tough matchup for UNC Asheville on the offensive glass. The Bulldogs rank 261st in offensive rebounding percentage (25.8 percent), while Longwood ranks 48th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.5 percent). Ball security could be troublesome for the Lancers. They rank 275th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 20.5 percent), while the Bulldogs force the 15th-most turnovers in the nation (opponents’ turnover percentage of 24.4 percent).
Longwood Lancers at UNC Asheville Bulldogs ATS Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – UNC Asheville, ATS Winner – UNC Asheville, O/U – Over
- UNC Asheville ranks seventh in three pointers allowed per game (16.1) while Longwood ranks 250th (24.4).
- The Bulldogs rank 229th in assists per game (11.2) while the Lancers rank 243rd (10.7).
- The Bulldogs rank 12th in steals allowed per game (4.8) while the Lancers rank 103rd (6.3).
- Longwood ranks 199th in rebounds per game (34.3) while UNC Asheville ranks 282nd (31.3).
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 68.8 points per game (7.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 81.0 points per game (5.6 above their season average).
- The Lancers’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 0.4, down from 1.7 for the season.