The Longwood Lancers (4-6) and the Stetson Hatters (5-6) go head-to-head at Edmunds Center. The Lancers will attempt to snap their five-game losing streak. Action gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 15, 2019.
Longwood Lancers vs. Stetson Hatters ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last contest. The Hatters got blown out by the VMI Keydets, 88-61, while the Lancers fell to the Morgan State Bears, 73-65.
Longwood forced Morgan State into a turnover percentage of 22.9 (above their season average of 18.9) while Stetson had a better free throw rate (0.159 vs. 0.182). Rob Perry played a pivotal role for Stetson with 19 points. Longwood received a boost from DeShaun Wade, who contributed 13 points.
The Lancers won the only contest between these two teams last year, 77-63. Longwood’s 0.200 free throw rate was their largest advantage over Stetson, who had a mark of 0.125. This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
Half-court execution will be at a premium when a pair of the country’s slowest-paced teams face off. Stetson currently ranks 334th in possessions per game (64.8) and Longwood is 258th (68.0).
Longwood Lancers vs. Stetson Hatters Free Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Longwood, ATS Winner – Longwood, O/U – Over
- Longwood averages 25.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 59th in the nation. Stetson ranks 270th in three pointers allowed per game (28.8).
- The Hatters rank 132nd in rebounds per game (35.9) while the Lancers rank 166th in rebounds allowed per game (35.9).
- Stetson ranks 226th in assists per game (10.6) while Longwood ranks 234th (10.1).
- The Hatters’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 8.0, up from 3.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Lancers have scored an average of 52.6 points per game (12.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.0 points per game (1.8 above their season average).