The Longwood Lancers (5-10, 0-2 BigSou) will be at Buccaneer Fieldhouse to clash with the Charleston Southern Buccaneers (7-7, 1-1 BigSou) in a BigSou matchup. The game is scheduled to start at 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 8, 2020.
Longwood Lancers at Charleston Southern Buccaneers ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last contest. The Buccaneers fell to the Hampton Pirates, 92-85, while the Lancers were defeated by the USC Upstate Spartans, 73-56.
Longwood forced USC Upstate into a turnover percentage of 21.3 (above their season average of 16.6) while Charleston Southern had a better turnover percentage (16.3 vs. 15.7). Phlandrous Fleming Jr. played well for Charleston Southern, finishing with 28 points and 14 rebounds. Longwood, meanwhile, was led by Juan Munoz, who contributed 14 points and five steals.
The Buccaneers won the only game between these two teams last year, 101-91. The Buccaneers’ 29.4 offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest strength over the Lancers, who had a rate of 19.4. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
This has potential to be an error-filled game for the offense of Longwood. Longwood ranks 274th in the country in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.9 percent), while the pesky defense of Charleston Southern forces the 61st-most turnovers in the NCAA (22.7 percent).
Longwood vs. Charleston Southern Free Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Charleston Southern, ATS Winner – Charleston Southern, O/U – Under
- Charleston Southern ranks 111th in three pointers allowed per game (21.1) while Longwood ranks 231st (25.1).
- The Lancers average 6.7 steals per game, which ranks 113th in the NCAA. The Buccaneers rank 157th in steals allowed per game (7.4).
- The Buccaneers rank 147th in assists per game (12.9) while the Lancers rank 233rd (10.3).
- Longwood averages 35.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 172nd in the NCAA. Charleston Southern ranks 253rd in rebounds allowed per game (39.4).
- The Buccaneers have outscored opponents by an average of 9.8 points in their last five games. For the season, Charleston Southern has been defeated by an average of 5.0 points.
- During their last five games, the Lancers have scored an average of 72.6 points per game (5.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 83.2 points per game (12.7 above their season average).