The Long Beach State Beach (3-7) and the USC Trojans (8-2) clash at Galen Center. The Beach can put an end to a six-game road losing streak. The game starts at 6:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 15, 2019, and will air on Pac-12 Network.
Long Beach State Beach vs. USC Trojans ATS Odds
In their last game, the Trojans won a close one over the TCU Horned Frogs, 80-78, while the Beach were blown out by the Pacific Tigers, 65-46.
USC dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a great effective field goal percentage of 0.579 (above their season average of 0.490) and a free throw rate of 0.246 (below their season average of 0.256). TCU was 0.470 and 0.224, respectively, for those same stats. Long Beach State, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.167 vs. 0.105). USC’s Nick Rakocevic had a solid performance, putting up 12 points and 11 rebounds. Meanwhile, Colin Slater fueled Long Beach State with 20 points.
The Trojans won the sole game between these two teams last season, 75-65. USC’s 0.219 free throw rate was their biggest strength over Long Beach State, who had a rate of 0.143. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Long Beach State at USC Free Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Usc, ATS Winner – Long Beach State, O/U – Over
- USC averages 15.4 assists per game, which ranks 30th in the NCAA. Long Beach State ranks 238th in assists allowed per game (17.0).
- The Trojans average 6.8 steals per game, which ranks 128th in the country. The Beach rank 204th in steals allowed per game (9.3).
- The Trojans rank 101st in rebounds per game (40.1) while the Beach rank 233rd (32.6).
- USC ranks 161st in three pointers attempted per game (17.6) while Long Beach State ranks 280th (15.1).
- The Trojans have been outscored by an average of 1.4 points in their last five games. For the season, USC has defeated opponents by an average of 6.8 points.
- During their last five games, the Beach have scored an average of 66.6 points per game (2.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 83.4 points per game (5.7 above their season average).