The No. 24 West Virginia Mountaineers (2-1) will be at home in WVU Coliseum when they square off against the Long Beach State 49ers (2-1). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 158.5 points with West Virginia set as a 24-point favorite. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, November 20, 2017.
Long Beach State 49ers at West Virginia Mountaineers Betting Preview
The 49ers lost to the Oregon State Beavers in their last outing, 89-81. Barry Ogalue had a solid performance for Long Beach State, finishing with 17 points and five rebounds. Oregon State did an excellent job of making free throws (22-29; 75.9 percent). Long Beach State, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (29.3 vs. 22.2).
In the Mountaineers last matchup, they blew out the Morgan State Bears, 111-48. West Virginia was lifted by Daxter Miles Jr. who was the top scorer from either team with 32 points on 12-for-15 shooting. West Virginia played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.4 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.649. For those same stats, Morgan State was 29.8 and 0.348, respectively.
The productive offense of West Virginia will go head-to-head against the bottom-tier defense of Long Beach State. Since the 2016-17 season, the Mountaineers rank 27th in offensive efficiency, while the 49ers are 274th in defensive efficiency. The Mountaineers should have the advantage on that end of the court. Moreover, the 49ers rank 276th in turnover percentage (20.1 percent), while the Mountaineers rank first in opponents turnover percentage (28.0 percent).
Since last season, the 49ers have had records of 17-20 straight up (SU) and 13-17-1 against the spread (ATS). Since last season, games featuring Long Beach State have finished over the O/U total 54.8 percent of the time.
The Mountaineers, meanwhile, have records of 28-9 SU and 15-17-1 ATS since last season. Games involving West Virginia have had a tendency to finish over the projected point total over that same period (57.6 percent).
Long Beach State 49ers at West Virginia Mountaineers Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – West Virginia, ATS Winner – Long Beach State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Mountaineers average 37.7 rebounds per game, which ranks 76th in the NCAA. The 49ers rank 203rd in rebounds allowed per game (36.2).
- West Virginia ranks 169th in three pointers attempted per game (21.1) while Long Beach State ranks 266th (18.4).
- West Virginia ranks first in steals per game (10.1) while Long Beach State ranks 244th in steals allowed per game (7.1).
- The Mountaineers rank 17th in assists per game (16.7) while the 49ers rank 219th in assists allowed per game (13.9).
- West Virginia ranks 29th in blocks per game (4.8) while Long Beach State ranks 228th in blocks allowed per game (4.0).