The Arizona Wildcats (3-3) will be at home in McKale Memorial Center when they challenge the Long Beach State 49ers (3-4). Arizona is a 22-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 157 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 29, 2017, and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
Long Beach State 49ers at Arizona Wildcats Odds Preview
The 49ers were beaten by the Nebraska Cornhuskers in their last outing, 85-80. With 22 points on 9-for-20 shooting, Gabe Levin was Long Beach State’s leading scorer. Nebraska did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (14-18; 77.8 percent). Long Beach State, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 56.8 (above their season average of 28.6).
In the Wildcats last matchup, they were beaten by the No. 18 Purdue Boilermakers, 89-64. Deandre Ayton led Arizona in scoring with 22 points on 10-for-14 shooting. Purdue did a great job of making free throws (16-21; 76.2 percent). Arizona, meanwhile, forced the Boilermakers into a turnover percentage of 18.1 (above their season average of 14.8).
Arizona could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their prolific offense goes up against one of the worst defenses in the NCAA. Since last season, the Wildcats rank 13th in offensive efficiency, while Long Beach State ranks 293rd in defensive efficiency. It will also be a tale of two tempos as the up-tempo 49ers rank 46th in possessions per game, while the more half-court oriented Wildcats rank 308th.
Both of these teams have a tendency to go over the O/U total. Long Beach State games have gone over 66.7 percent of the time, while games involving Arizona have finished over 66.7 percent of the time. The Wildcats hold the clear advantage straight up (SU) (3-3 vs. 3-4), but the 49ers have been superior against the spread (ATS) (4-2 vs. 1-5).
Long Beach State 49ers vs. Arizona Wildcats Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Arizona, ATS Winner – Long Beach State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Wildcats average 13.9 assists per game, which ranks 133rd in the NCAA. The 49ers rank 232nd in assists allowed per game (14.4).
- Long Beach State ranks 270th in three pointers attempted per game (18.3) while Arizona ranks 304th (17.1).
- Arizona ranks 18th in steals allowed per game (4.9) while Long Beach State ranks 256th (7.3).
- The Wildcats rank seventh in rebounds allowed per game (30.0) while the 49ers rank 227th (36.5).
- Arizona ranks 72nd in blocks allowed per game (3.0) while Long Beach State ranks 234th (4.2).