BigWst foes will clash when the Cal State Fullerton Titans (15-10, 8-5 BigWst) meet the Long Beach State 49ers (13-16, 7-6 BigWst) at Titan Gym. Tip-off is set for 9 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 24, 2018.
Long Beach State 49ers at Cal State Fullerton Titans Free Preview
In the 49ers last outing, they were beaten by the Hawaii Rainbow Warriors, 74-63. Gabe Levin had a good performance for Long Beach State, leading both teams in scoring with 18 points on 7-for-17 shooting. Hawaii had an offensive rebounding percentage of 44.8 (above their season average of 26.9). Long Beach State, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (18-24; 75.0 percent).
The Titans are hoping for a better outcome after their 69-65 loss to the UC Riverside Highlanders in their last contest. With 17 points and 11 rebounds, Jackson Rowe played well for Cal State Fullerton. UC Riverside had a turnover percentage of 12.9 (better than their season average of 17.8). Cal State Fullerton, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 44.8 (above their season average of 28.0).
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Cal State Fullerton should have a considerable edge. The Titans defense ranks 56th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.480), while the Long Beach State offense is ranked 215th in effective field goal percentage (0.504). Moreover, the 49ers, who rank 20th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.298), will square off against the Titans, who rank 265th in opponents FTA rate (0.264).
Levin has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Long Beach State, averaging 25.6 points, 9.2 rebounds and 1.8 blocks per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The 49ers won 81-73. The 49ers played a nearly perfect game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 45.7 and a free throw rate of 0.194. For those same stats, the Titans had marks of 30.8 and 0.136, respectively. Temidayo Yussuf put up a double-double in the victory with 19 points and 14 rebounds.
Long Beach State 49ers vs. Cal State Fullerton Titans Odds Prediction
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Cal State Fullerton, ATS Winner – Cal State Fullerton, O/U – Under
- The 49ers rank 281st in three pointers attempted per game (17.2) while the Titans rank 294th (16.0).
- Cal State Fullerton ranks 117th in assists allowed per game (13.0) while Long Beach State ranks 225th (15.1).
- The Titans rank 119th in steals per game (6.3) while the 49ers rank 207th in steals allowed per game (8.0).
- Long Beach State ranks 77th in blocks per game (3.9) while Cal State Fullerton ranks 138th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- The Titans average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.4, up from 2.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the 49ers have scored an average of 75.6 points per game (0.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 77.6 points per game (1.7 below their season average).