The San Francisco Dons and Long Beach State 49ers will square off at War Memorial Gymnasium to get their seasons started. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 147 points with San Francisco opening as a 13.5-point favorite. Action gets underway at 11 p.m. ET on Friday, November 10, 2017.
Long Beach State 49ers vs. San Francisco Dons Betting Preview
Long Beach State was unable reach the tournament following a 15-19 regular season campaign last season. San Francisco also was unable reach the tournament after a 20-12 regular season.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, San Francisco figures to have a substantial advantage. Last season, the Dons offense ranked 95th in that metric at 0.526, while the Long Beach State defense ranked 297th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.528).
The 49ers had records of 15-19 straight up (SU) and 11-17-1 against the spread (ATS) last season. Of Long Beach State’s 29 games with betting action last year, 15 finished over the O/U total.
The Dons, meanwhile, were 20-12 SU and 15-14 ATS last season. Converse to Long Beach State, San Francisco games finished under the O/U total 58.6 percent of the time.
Long Beach State 49ers at San Francisco Dons Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Long Beach State, ATS Winner – Long Beach State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Dons average 36.0 rebounds per game, which ranks 149th in the NCAA. The 49ers rank 215th in rebounds allowed per game (36.3).
- San Francisco ranks 201st in blocks per game (2.8) while Long Beach State ranks 219th in blocks allowed per game (4.1).
- San Francisco ranks 19th in three pointers attempted per game (25.9) while Long Beach State ranks 271st (18.1).
- The Dons rank 42nd in assists allowed per game (11.4) while the 49ers rank 208th (13.9).
- San Francisco ranks 47th in steals allowed per game (5.3) while Long Beach State ranks 205th (6.8).