The Long Beach State 49ers (8-11, 2-1 BigWst) will be at the Matadome to meet the CSUN Matadors (8-12, 2-2 BigWst) in a BigWst matchup. Action starts at 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 23, 2019.
Long Beach State 49ers at CSUN Matadors Betting Odds
Both teams fell in their last contest. The Matadors lost to the UC Irvine Anteaters, 74-68, while the 49ers lost a close one to the Cal State Fullerton Titans, 92-90.
Long Beach State held Cal State Fullerton to an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.0 (below the 34.1 mark opponents have averaged against Long Beach State this season) while CSUN held UC Irvine to an effective field goal percentage of 0.440 (below their season average of 0.491). Lamine Diane led the way for CSUN, finishing with 21 points and nine rebounds. Deishuan Booker, meanwhile played a pivotal role for Long Beach State with 33 points, five assists and five steals.
The 49ers dominated this series last year, taking both contests. In the last contest, Long Beach State won 70-66. Long Beach State did a fantastic job of making free throws (16-21; 76.2 percent). CSUN, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (14.1 vs. 23.3). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
The aggressive Long Beach State offense could be getting to the foul line a lot in this contest. The 49ers rank 51st in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.279, while CSUN is among the nation’s most foul-prone squads (giving up a 204th-ranked FTA rate of 0.236).
Long Beach State vs. CSUN Odds Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – CSUN, ATS Winner – Long Beach State, O/U – Under
- Long Beach State ranks 60th in rebounds per game (38.5) while CSUN ranks 245th in rebounds allowed per game (38.3).
- The Matadors rank 31st in blocks per game (4.7) while the 49ers rank 87th in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- Long Beach State ranks 221st in three pointers attempted per game (20.2) while CSUN ranks 255th (19.1).
- The Matadors rank 30th in assists per game (16.4) while the 49ers rank 187th (12.4).
- CSUN ranks 110th in steals per game (6.5) while Long Beach State ranks 186th in steals allowed per game (8.6).
- During their last five games, the 49ers have scored an average of 92.4 points per game (16.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 76.8 points per game (0.1 below their season average).
- The Matadors’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.0, down from 4.1 for the season.