The LIU Sharks (11-13, 6-5 NEC) will be at William H. Detrick Gymnasium to take on the Central Connecticut State Blue Devils (2-23, 1-11 NEC) in a NEC matchup. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 13, 2020.
LIU Sharks vs. Central Connecticut State Blue Devils ATS Odds
In their last game, the Blue Devils lost to the Bryant Bulldogs, 64-60, while the Sharks won a close one over the Merrimack Warriors, 67-64.
The Sharks knocked down 19 of their 27 free throws (70.4 percent) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.6 (above their season average of 22.1). Central Connecticut State, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (14.1 vs. 16.1). Central Connecticut State rallied around Ian Krishnan, who put up 16 points. Meanwhile, Ty Flowers was a key piece for LIU with 25 points and 27 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Flowers led the Sharks to a 90-78 victory. He put up 19 points, nine rebounds and five assists. LIU’s 0.321 free throw rate was their largest advantage over Central Connecticut State, who had a mark of 0.145.
Central Connecticut State could have trouble getting to the charity stripe in this contest. The Blue Devils rank 306th in the country with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.191, while LIU ranks 95th in FTA rate allowed (0.198).
LIU Sharks vs. Central Connecticut State Blue Devils ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – LIU, ATS Winner – LIU, O/U – Over
- LIU ranks 11th in three pointers attempted per game (28.5) while Central Connecticut State ranks 254th (18.2).
- The Sharks average 6.7 steals per game, which ranks 105th in the NCAA. The Blue Devils rank 182nd in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- LIU ranks 88th in blocks per game (3.6) while Central Connecticut State ranks 156th in blocks allowed per game (4.2).
- The Sharks rank 71st in assists per game (14.4) while the Blue Devils rank 255th (10.1).
- LIU averages 34.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 193rd in the nation. Central Connecticut State ranks 287th in rebounds allowed per game (41.1).
- The Blue Devils’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.2, down from 15.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Sharks have scored an average of 68.2 points per game (8.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.6 points per game (6.0 below their season average).