The Rhode Island Rams welcome the LIU Sharks to Thomas M. Ryan Center to get their seasons underway. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 5, 2019.
LIU Sharks vs. Rhode Island Rams Betting Odds
Last season, Rhode Island failed to reach the tournament following a 15-12 regular season campaign. LIU also did not reach the tournament following a 14-14 regular season campaign.
The offensive glass should be a major advantage for Rhode Island in this meeting. In the 2018-19 season, the Rams ranked 84th in offensive rebounding percentage (31.5 percent), while LIU ranked 241st in defensive rebounding percentage (70.5 percent). Additionally, the 44th-ranked defense of the Sharks (opponents’ effective field goal percentage of 0.477) will go head-to-head against the 313th-ranked offense of the Rams (effective field goal percentage of 0.474).
LIU Sharks at Rhode Island Rams Odds Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Rhode Island, ATS Winner – Rhode Island, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- LIU ranks 62nd in three pointers attempted per game (25.4) while Rhode Island ranks 298th (18.6).
- The Rams rank 76th in steals per game (7.1) while the Sharks rank 206th in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- LIU ranks 152nd in assists per game (13.4) while Rhode Island ranks 225th (12.2).
- The Sharks rank 13th in blocks per game (4.9) while the Rams rank 160th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- Rhode Island averages 36.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 126th in the nation. LIU ranks 263rd in rebounds allowed per game (37.2).