The LIU Sharks (12-15, 7-7 NEC) will be at the Rothman Center to go head-to-head with the Fairleigh Dickinson Knights (8-17, 6-8 NEC) in a NEC matchup. The game begins at 8 p.m. ET on Friday, February 21, 2020.
LIU Sharks vs. Fairleigh Dickinson Knights ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last game. The Knights lost a close one to the Central Connecticut State Blue Devils, 76-75, while the Sharks were beaten by the St. Francis Brooklyn Terriers, 87-77.
LIU had a much better turnover percentage (12.7 vs. 17.8) while Fairleigh Dickinson had an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.5 (above their season average of 26.5). Elyjah Williams had a good game for Fairleigh Dickinson, recording nine points and 11 rebounds. Meanwhile, LIU was led by Jermaine Jackson Jr., who put up 30 points.
In their first matchup this year, Raiquan Clark led the Sharks to an 84-70 victory. He recorded 19 points and eight rebounds. The Sharks’ turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Knights. LIU had a rate of 13.6, while Fairleigh Dickinson posted a mark of 17.6.
Fairleigh Dickinson may have trouble getting to the foul line in this contest. The Knights currently rank 239th in the country with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.212, while LIU ranks 86th in FTA rate allowed (0.196).
LIU at Fairleigh Dickinson Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Fairleigh Dickinson, ATS Winner – Fairleigh Dickinson, O/U – Over
- LIU averages 28.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 13th in the country. Fairleigh Dickinson ranks 234th in three pointers allowed per game (24.0).
- The Sharks rank 104th in steals per game (6.7) while the Knights rank 129th in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- Fairleigh Dickinson blocks 3.3 opponent shots per game, which is ranked 109th in the NCAA. LIU ranks 125th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- The Sharks average 14.6 assists per game, which ranks 59th in the country. The Knights rank 243rd in assists allowed per game (15.3).
- Fairleigh Dickinson ranks 205th in rebounds allowed per game (36.2) while LIU ranks 281st (39.9).
- During their last five games, the Sharks have scored an average of 73.8 points per game (2.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 74.4 points per game (2.6 below their season average).
- The Knights have outscored opponents by an average of 7.8 points in their last five games. On the season, Fairleigh Dickinson has been defeated by an average of 3.0 points.