The First Four matchup between the Radford Highlanders (22-12) and the LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds (18-16) will take place at University of Dayton Arena. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 139 points with Radford opening as a 4.5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 6:40 p.m. ET on Tuesday, March 13, 2018.
LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds vs. Radford Highlanders ATS Preview
In the , the Blackbirds were victorious over the Wagner Seahawks, 71-61. Joel Hernandez was the top scorer from either team with 32 points on 10-for-16 shooting. The Blackbirds had an absurd free throw rate of 0.340 (above their season average of 0.263) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.585 (above their season average of 0.523).
The Highlanders will look to keep it rolling after just getting past the Liberty Flames in the , 55-52. With 13 points on 5-for-12 shooting, Carlik Jones led Radford in scoring. Radford played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.1 (better than their season average of 16.3) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.0 (below their season average of 34.3). Liberty was 24.8 and 17.4, respectively, for those same stats.
The offensive glass could be a major advantage for Radford in this matchup. The Highlanders currently rank 37th in offensive rebounding percentage (34.0 percent), while LIU Brooklyn ranks 240th in defensive rebounding percentage (70.2 percent). It will also be a battle of conflicting styles as the up-tempo Blackbirds rank 52nd in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Highlanders rank 349th.
Both of these teams have a tendency to go under the projected point total. LIU Brooklyn games have finished under 66.7 percent of the time, while 75.0 percent of games including Radford have gone under. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Highlanders have a sizable advantage. They are 22-12 SU and 5-4 ATS, while the Blackbirds are 18-16 SU and 3-4 ATS.
Carlik Jones has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Radford, averaging 12.6 points, 3.2 assists and 1.8 steals per game.
LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds vs. Radford Highlanders Free Prediction
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Radford, ATS Winner – Radford, O/U – Under
- The Highlanders rank 124th in steals per game (6.3) while the Blackbirds rank 170th in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- Radford averages 22.1 three pointers per game, which ranks 134th in the nation. LIU Brooklyn ranks 141st in three pointers allowed per game (21.4).
- Radford ranks 25th in rebounds allowed per game (31.4) while LIU Brooklyn ranks 218th (36.4).
- The Blackbirds rank 35th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Highlanders rank 129th (3.4).
- Radford ranks 28th in assists allowed per game (11.2) while LIU Brooklyn ranks 117th (13.0).
- The Highlanders’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.8, up from 3.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Blackbirds have scored an average of 78.2 points per game (0.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.2 points per game (8.4 below their season average).