The LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds (9-9, 3-3 NEC) will be at Knott Arena to meet the Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers (4-15, 1-5 NEC) in a NEC matchup. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 24, 2019.
LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds at Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers Betting Odds
Both teams lost in their last game. The Mountaineers lost big to the Fairleigh Dickinson Knights, 87-69, while the Blackbirds lost to the St. Francis Brooklyn Terriers, 79-70.
LIU Brooklyn did a great job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (25-31; 80.6 percent) while Mount St. Mary’s had a free throw rate of 0.231 (above their season average of 0.225). Omar Habwe played a key role for Mount St. Mary’s with 16 points and seven rebounds. Meanwhile, Raiquan Clark had a solid performance for LIU Brooklyn, finishing with 29 points and 14 rebounds.
This was a highly competitive series last year, as the teams split their two games last season. In the last game, the Mountaineers won 86-80. Mount St. Mary’s had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.663 vs. 0.491). LIU Brooklyn, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (40.0 vs. 20.7). This will be the first meeting of the year between these two teams.
It will be a battle of contrasting styles as the fast-paced Blackbirds will look to push the slower-paced Mountaineers. The Blackbirds rank 45th in possessions per game while the Mountaineers are 182nd.
LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds vs. Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers ATS Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Mount St. Mary’s, O/U – Under
- LIU Brooklyn averages 38.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 68th in the nation. Mount St. Mary’s ranks 196th in rebounds allowed per game (36.5).
- The Blackbirds rank 31st in blocks per game (4.7) while the Mountaineers rank 114th (3.2).
- LIU Brooklyn averages 7.3 steals per game, which ranks 65th in the country. Mount St. Mary’s ranks 125th in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- The Blackbirds rank 43rd in three pointers attempted per game (26.1) while the Mountaineers rank 140th in three pointers allowed per game (22.4).
- LIU Brooklyn ranks 147th in assists per game (13.3) while Mount St. Mary’s ranks 243rd (10.8).
- During their last five games, the Blackbirds have scored an average of 75.0 points per game (0.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 74.6 points per game (1.1 below their season average).
- The Mountaineers’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.6, down from 8.3 for the season.