The Massachusetts-Lowell River Hawks (2-1) will be at home in Costello Athletic Center when they clash against the LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds (1-2). Action starts at 3 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 22, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds at Massachusetts-Lowell River Hawks Odds Preview
The Blackbirds easily got past the College of New Rochelle Blue Angels in their last matchup, 104-68. With 17 points, six rebounds and five assists, LIU Brooklyns Raiquan Clark played well. The Blackbirds had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.563 vs. 0.353) and had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (41.5 vs. 26.4).
In the River Hawks last matchup, they beat the Marist Red Foxes, 76-73. Massachusetts-Lowells Jahad Thomas played a pivotal role with 21 points, 17 rebounds and eight assists. Massachusetts-Lowell dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 13.0 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.5. Marist put up marks of 20.4 and 24.2, respectively, for those same stats.
It will be a showdown of conflicting styles as the fast-breaking River Hawks will look to push the more half-court-oriented Blackbirds. Since last season, the River Hawks rank 34th in possessions per game while the Blackbirds are 189th.
The Blackbirds won the only contest against the River Hawks last season, 82-78. The Blackbirds dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 45.2 and a superb free throw rate of 0.271. For those same stats, the River Hawks had marks of 26.9 and 0.250, respectively.
LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds at Massachusetts-Lowell River Hawks Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Massachusetts-Lowell, ATS Winner – Massachusetts-Lowell, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Blackbirds rank 86th in three pointers allowed per game (19.9) while the River Hawks rank 233rd (22.5).
- LIU Brooklyn ranks 161st in steals allowed per game (6.3) while Massachusetts-Lowell ranks 283rd (8.5).
- Massachusetts-Lowell ranks 35th in assists per game (16.0) while LIU Brooklyn ranks 289th (11.3).
- The Blackbirds rank 27th in rebounds per game (39.2) while the River Hawks rank 251st (34.1).
- Massachusetts-Lowell ranks 38th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while LIU Brooklyn ranks 198th (3.8).