The Little Rock Trojans (3-9) look to end their six-game road losing streak when they challenge the Mississippi State Bulldogs (9-1), who will attempt to lengthen their nine-game home winning streak. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 128.5 points with Mississippi State set as a 22.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 20, 2017.
Little Rock Trojans vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs Odds Preview
The Trojans won big over the University of the Ozarks Eagles in their last game, 94-49. Anthony Black was the top scorer from either team with 19 points on 7-for-10 shooting. Little Rock dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a superb turnover percentage of 9.7 (better than their season average of 20.8) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 45.5 (above their season average of 28.9). University of the Ozarks had marks of 25.2 and 19.4, respectively, for those same stats.
The last time the Bulldogs played, they dismantled the UT Martin Skyhawks, 92-61. With 21 points on 9-for-12 shooting, Aric Holman was Mississippi State’s leading scorer. Mississippi State played a flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.194 (matching their season average) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 56.4 (above their season average of 29.2). For those same stats, UT Martin was 0.062 and 27.9, respectively.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Mississippi State should have a significant edge. The elite Bulldogs offense ranks 89th in the nation in that metric at 0.540, while the Little Rock defense is ranked 225th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.508). Ball security could be troublesome for the Trojans. They rank 258th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 23.0 percent), while the Bulldogs force the 39th-most turnovers in the nation (opponents turnover percentage of 23.3 percent).
Of Little Rock’s 4 games that accepted bets, two have finished over the projected point total, while 4 of Mississippi State’s 6 games have finished under the O/U total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Bulldogs have a sizable advantage. They are 9-1 SU and 2-4 ATS, while the Trojans are 3-9 SU and 1-3 ATS.
Quinndary Weatherspoon has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Mississippi State, averaging 13.4 points, 5.6 rebounds, 5.0 assists and 1.2 steals per game.
Little Rock Trojans at Mississippi State Bulldogs Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Mississippi State, ATS Winner – Little Rock, O/U – Under
- The Trojans average 22.3 three pointers per game, which ranks 195th in the NCAA. The Bulldogs rank 223rd in three pointers allowed per game (25.0).
- Little Rock ranks 46th in steals allowed per game (5.9) while Mississippi State ranks 59th (5.7).
- Mississippi State ranks 39th in rebounds per game (39.8) while Little Rock ranks 204th (35.9).
- The Bulldogs rank 24th in assists allowed per game (10.6) while the Trojans rank 113th (14.6).
- Mississippi State ranks 13th in blocks per game (6.2) while Little Rock ranks 100th (2.8).
- The Bulldogs average margin of victory in their last five games has been 15.0, down from 15.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Trojans have scored an average of 63.0 points per game (0.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.0 points per game (1.8 below their season average).