The Arkansas State Red Wolves (15-13, 7-10 SBC) wrap up their home schedule at First National Bank Arena against the Little Rock Trojans (18-9, 12-4 SBC). Action gets underway at 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Little Rock Trojans at Arkansas State Red Wolves ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last outing. The Red Wolves fell to the Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks, 66-52, while the Trojans were defeated by the UT Arlington Mavericks, 76-65.
Little Rock had a better effective field goal percentage (0.463 vs. 0.451) while Arkansas State had a better free throw rate (0.185 vs. 0.111). Marquis Eaton put together a solid outing for Arkansas State with 17 points. Little Rock, meanwhile, was led by Ruot Monyyong, who recorded 10 points and nine rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Monyyong led the Trojans to a 90-87 victory. He notched a double-double with 13 points and 11 rebounds. Little Rock made good use of their 35 trips to the free throw line, making 30 of them (85.7 percent). Arkansas State, meanwhile, was 18-24 (75.0 percent).
The physical Arkansas State offense could be living from the charity stripe in this matchup. The Red Wolves rank first in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.349, while Little Rock ranks 200th in FTA rate allowed (0.229).
Little Rock Trojans vs. Arkansas State Red Wolves ATS Pick
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Arkansas State, ATS Winner – Arkansas State, O/U – Under
- Arkansas State ranks 41st in three pointers allowed per game (18.8) while Little Rock ranks 176th (22.4).
- The Trojans rank 20th in rebounds allowed per game (30.9) while the Red Wolves rank 104th (33.7).
- Arkansas State ranks 103rd in steals per game (6.8) while Little Rock ranks 156th in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- The Trojans rank 64th in assists per game (14.5) while the Red Wolves rank 195th in assists allowed per game (13.6).
- Arkansas State ranks third in blocks allowed per game (2.0) while Little Rock ranks 93rd (3.2).
- The Red Wolves’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.6, up from 1.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Trojans have scored an average of 82.0 points per game (9.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 80.4 points per game (11.8 above their season average).