The Little Rock Trojans (18-7, 12-2 SBC) travel to Strahan Coliseum to go head-to-head with the Texas State Bobcats (15-10, 8-6 SBC). The Trojans will try to prolong their seven-game winning streak. The game is scheduled to start at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 13, 2020.
Little Rock Trojans vs. Texas State Bobcats Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Bobcats lost a close one to the Appalachian State Mountaineers, 60-57, while the Trojans barely escaped the Arkansas State Red Wolves, 90-87.
Little Rock dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.517 (above their season average of 0.290) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.1 (above their season average of 31.7). For those same stats, Arkansas State put up marks of 0.321 and 25.8, respectively. Texas State, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (16.2 vs. 19.1). Texas State was lifted by Marlin Davis, who finished with zero points and 11 assists. Ruot Monyyong played a key role for Little Rock with 13 points and 11 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Monyyong led the Trojans to a 72-68 win. He notched a double-double with 14 points and 17 rebounds. Little Rock did an excellent job of making free throws (17-22; 77.3 percent). Texas State, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (9.3 vs. 18.1).
The aggressive Texas State offense could be living from the charity stripe in this meeting. The Bobcats currently rank 21st in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.286, while Little Rock is among the country’s most foul-prone squads (giving up a 199th-ranked FTA rate of 0.228). Also, the upper-echelon offense of the Trojans ranks 60th in effective field goal percentage (0.528), while the Bobcats are 57th-best in the nation at effective field goal percentage allowed (0.462).
Little Rock Trojans vs. Texas State Bobcats Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Little Rock, ATS Winner – Little Rock, O/U – Over
- Texas State ranks 19th in steals allowed per game (4.9) while Little Rock ranks 127th (6.6).
- The Trojans average 3.4 blocks per game, which ranks 102nd in the NCAA. The Bobcats rank 109th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- Little Rock is 31st in the nation with 10.6 assists allowed per game while Texas State is 36th with 10.6 assists allowed per game.
- The Trojans rank 12th in rebounds allowed per game (30.2) while the Bobcats rank 105th (33.8).
- Little Rock ranks 262nd in three pointers attempted per game (17.8) while Texas State ranks 286th (16.0).
- During their last five games, the Trojans have scored an average of 86.6 points per game (13.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 77.2 points per game (9.1 above their season average).
- The Bobcats’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.4, up from 9.1 for the season.