Expect a fast-paced game when the Little Rock Trojans (5-9, 0-1 SBC) travel to Louisiana to play the Ragin’ Cajuns (9-5, 0-1 SBC). Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 5, 2019.
Little Rock Trojans vs. Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Ragin’ Cajuns easily got past the Univ. of the Virgin Islands Buccaneers 121-80, while the Trojans beat the Southeastern Oklahoma State Savage Storm 101-92.
Little Rock played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.191 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.647. For those same stats, Southeastern Oklahoma State recorded marks of 0.103 and 0.538, respectively. The Ragin’ Cajuns, on the other hand, had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.771 vs. 0.471) and had a much better turnover percentage (17.0 vs. 22.2). Jakeenan Gant had a solid outing for Louisiana with 19 points. Meanwhile, Little Rock was led by Markquis Nowell, who finished with 34 points and eight assists.
This was a highly contested series last year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the last matchup, the Trojans won 72-61. Little Rock made six of their 13 three pointers (46.2 percent), while Louisiana was just 6-31 (19.4 percent). This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
The Trojans’ Rayjon Tucker has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 0 points per game. Meanwhile, Gant has averaged 0 points during that same time frame for the Ragin’ Cajuns.
There should be a fair amount of transition action in this meeting that features two of the nation’s more fast-paced teams. Louisiana ranks 13th in possessions per game (77.1) and Little Rock is 29th (75.4). Moreover, the Trojans rank 309th in turnover percentage (21.7 percent), while the Ragin’ Cajuns rank 36th in opponents’ turnover percentage (23.0 percent).
Little Rock Trojans at Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns Betting Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Louisiana, O/U – Over
- Louisiana ranks 57th in three pointers attempted per game (25.8) while Little Rock ranks 249th in three pointers allowed per game (28.0).
- The Ragin’ Cajuns rank 30th in steals per game (8.4) while the Trojans rank 122nd (6.2).
- Louisiana ranks 44th in blocks per game (4.4) while Little Rock ranks 95th (3.4).
- The Ragin’ Cajuns average 15.0 assists per game, which ranks 83rd in the nation. The Trojans rank 206th in assists allowed per game (15.7).
- Little Rock averages 36.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 136th in the nation. Louisiana ranks 252nd in rebounds allowed per game (40.6).
- The Ragin’ Cajuns’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.2, down from 4.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Trojans have scored an average of 83.6 points per game (4.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 82.0 points per game (2.5 above their season average).