The Texas Longhorns (2-0) will be at home in Frank Erwin Special Events Center when they square off against the Lipscomb Bisons (2-1). Tip-off is scheduled for 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 18, 2017.
Lipscomb Bisons at Texas Longhorns Odds Preview
The last time the Bisons played, they were blown out by the Alabama Crimson Tide, 86-64. With 15 points on 7-for-10 shooting, Rob Marberry led Lipscomb in scoring. Alabama had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.649 vs. 0.379). Lipscomb, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (31.4 vs. 13.9).
The Longhorns hope to maintain momentum after blowing out the New Hampshire Wildcats in their last outing, 78-60. Texas was lifted by Dylan Osetkowski, who was the games leading scorer with 17 points on 5-for-13 shooting. Texas played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.4 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.533. For those same stats, New Hampshire was 17.2 and 0.383, respectively.
This has potential to be a sloppy game for the offense of Texas. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, Texas ranks 208th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.1 percent), while the pesky defense of Lipscomb has forced the 77th-most turnovers in the nation (20.5 percent).
Lipscomb Bisons at Texas Longhorns Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Lipscomb, ATS Winner – Lipscomb, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bisons rank 93rd in rebounds per game (37.4) while the Longhorns rank 190th in rebounds allowed per game (35.7).
- Texas ranks 175th in steals per game (5.9) while Lipscomb ranks 210th in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- Lipscomb ranks fifth in assists per game (17.9) while Texas ranks 271st (11.6).
- The Bisons rank fifth in three pointers attempted per game (27.8) while the Longhorns rank 234th (19.3).
- Texas ranks 44th in blocks per game (4.6) while Lipscomb ranks 162nd in blocks allowed per game (3.5).