The Lipscomb Bisons (12-14, 7-6 Asun) will be at Swisher Gym to take on the Jacksonville Dolphins (12-15, 5-7 Asun) in an Asun matchup. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020.
Lipscomb Bisons at Jacksonville Dolphins Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Dolphins fell to the North Florida Ospreys, 81-66, while the Bisons were victorious over the FGCU Eagles, 64-54.
The Bisons made 17 of their 21 free throws (81.0 percent), while the Eagles had a turnover percentage of 25.3 (above their season average of 20.3). Jacksonville, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (33.3 vs. 25.8). Jacksonville was lifted by David Bell, who contributed 24 points and 11 rebounds. Ahsan Asadullah had a solid performance for Lipscomb, recording 17 points and 11 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Bell led the Dolphins to an 89-85 win. He recorded a double-double with 10 points and 17 rebounds. Jacksonville’s 0.590 effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over Lipscomb, who had a mark of 0.486.
The Bisons’ Asadullah has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 22 points,13.0 rebounds,4.4 assists,1.6 steals,1.2 blocks per game. Meanwhile, Destin Barnes has averaged 17 points during that same time frame for the Dolphins.
Points at the line might be scarce for Jacksonville in this battle. The Dolphins currently rank 243rd in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.210, while Lipscomb ranks 40th in FTA rate allowed (0.179).
Lipscomb Bisons vs. Jacksonville Dolphins Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Jacksonville, ATS Winner – Jacksonville, O/U – Over
- Jacksonville ranks 52nd in rebounds per game (38.4) while Lipscomb ranks 202nd in rebounds allowed per game (36.2).
- The Bisons rank 137th in assists per game (13.2) while the Dolphins rank 238th (11.0).
- Lipscomb ranks 161st in three pointers attempted per game (21.7) while Jacksonville ranks 197th in three pointers allowed per game (22.9).
- The Dolphins have been outscored by an average of 2.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Jacksonville has defeated opponents by an average of 0.0 points.
- During their last five games, the Bisons have scored an average of 67.8 points per game (2.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 61.8 points per game (8.7 below their season average).