The Lipscomb Bisons (18-9, 8-4 Asun) will travel to Alico Arena to meet the FGCU Eagles (20-9, 11-1 Asun) in their home finale. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 17, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Lipscomb Bisons vs. FGCU Eagles ATS Preview
The last time the Bisons played, they defeated the Stetson Hatters, 82-73. Garrison Mathews led Lipscomb in scoring with 17 points on 5-for-10 shooting. The Bisons made 20 of their 27 free throws (74.1 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.620 (above their season average of 0.502).
The Eagles are trying to rebound after their 97-93 loss to the Kennesaw State Owls in their last matchup. Brandon Goodwin was the top scorer from either team with 28 points on 10-for-13 shooting. Kennesaw State held the Eagles to an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.7 (below their season average of 32.9). FGCU, meanwhile, did an excellent job of making free throws (19-24; 79.2 percent).
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, FGCU should have a substantial advantage. The sharp-shooting Eagles offense ranks 37th in the nation in that metric at 0.551, while the Lipscomb defense is ranked 181st in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.505).
Zach Johnson has been playing at a high level over the last five games for FGCU, averaging 17.6 points, 3.4 assists and 2.2 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Eagles won 88-83. Getting to the free throw line was one of FGCU’s largest strengths. They had 29 free throw attempts, while Lipscomb had 27. In the victory, Goodwin led all scorers with 22 points.
Lipscomb Bisons vs. FGCU Eagles Betting Prediction
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – FGCU, ATS Winner – FGCU, O/U – Over
- The Eagles average 7.0 steals per game, which ranks 65th in the NCAA. The Bisons rank 148th in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- FGCU ranks 69th in assists per game (15.3) while Lipscomb ranks 144th in assists allowed per game (13.5).
- Lipscomb ranks 73rd in three pointers attempted per game (24.2) while FGCU ranks 254th (18.7).
- The Eagles rank 31st in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Bisons rank 193rd (4.8).
- FGCU ranks 33rd in rebounds per game (38.9) while Lipscomb ranks 188th in rebounds allowed per game (35.9).
- The Eagles average margin of victory in their last five games has been 15.2, up from 10.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bisons have scored an average of 86.6 points per game (5.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 78.8 points per game (1.5 above their season average).