Offense meets defense when the Lipscomb Bisons (2-0) head to Alabama to take on the Crimson Tide (1-0). Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 14, 2017, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
Lipscomb Bisons vs. Alabama Crimson Tide Odds Preview
The last time the Bisons played, they were victorious over the Morehead State Eagles, 77-70. With 18 points and 13 rebounds, Rob Marberry played well for Lipscomb. Lipscomb played a nearly flawless game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.600 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 48.6. For those same stats, Morehead State put up marks of 0.426 and 35.3, respectively.
The Crimson Tide come in on a high note after beating the Memphis Tigers in their last outing, 82-70. Alabama was lifted by Donta Hall, who had 11 points, 11 rebounds and five blocks. Alabama launched 27 three pointers, making 11 of them (40.7 percent). Memphis, on the other hand, was just 2-17 (11.8 percent).
It could be an error-filled game for the Alabama offense. Since last season, Alabama ranks 303rd in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.7 percent), while the pesky defense of Lipscomb has forced the 71st-most turnovers in the NCAA (20.6 percent). Additionally, the Bisons 48th-ranked offense (offensive efficiency of 112.5) will face off against the Crimson Tides 17th-ranked defense (defensive efficiency of 95.5).
The Bisons are 22-13 straight up (SU) and 1-1 against the spread (ATS) since last season. Lipscomb games have had a tendency to finish over the O/U total since last season (100.0 percent).
Meanwhile, the Crimson Tide, are 20-14 SU and 17-16 ATS since last season. Alabamas games have finished under the O/U total 57.6 percent of the time over that same time frame.
Lipscomb Bisons vs. Alabama Crimson Tide ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Alabama, ATS Winner – Lipscomb, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Crimson Tide rank 64th in blocks per game (4.2) while the Bisons rank 131st in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- Lipscomb averages 6.5 steals per game, which ranks 118th in the nation. Alabama ranks 163rd in steals allowed per game (6.3).
- Lipscomb ranks third in assists per game (18.1) while Alabama ranks 261st (11.6).
- The Bisons rank fifth in three pointers attempted per game (27.9) while the Crimson Tide rank 162nd (21.1).
- Alabama ranks 29th in rebounds per game (39.0) while Lipscomb ranks 183rd in rebounds allowed per game (35.4).