The Liberty Flames (11-4) will be at Alico Arena to challenge the FGCU Eagles (5-10) in an Asun matchup. The game begins at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 5, 2019.
Liberty Flames vs. FGCU Eagles ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Eagles were beaten by the Illinois State Redbirds, 74-66, while the Flames had no trouble getting past the Maine-Fort Kent Bengals, 89-40.
Liberty dominated every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.368 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 45.5. Maine-Fort Kent put up marks of 0.054 and 22.0, respectively, for those same stats. FGCU, on the other hand, made 12 of their 29 three pointers (41.4 percent). Schadrac Casimir played a pivotal role for FGCU with 18 points. Liberty was led by Scottie James, who had 11 points and 11 rebounds.
James has been outstanding as of late for Liberty, averaging 0 points over the last five games.
FGCU might struggle to find the bottom of the net as they battle against one of the nation’s best defenses. Liberty ranks 33rd in defensive efficiency while the Eagles rank 261st in offensive efficiency. Also, the Flames rank 297th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.195), while the Eagles rank 52nd in opponents’ FTA rate (0.186).
Liberty Flames at FGCU Eagles Betting Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – FGCU, O/U – Over
- Liberty ranks 13th in assists allowed per game (9.9) while FGCU ranks 227th (16.7).
- The Flames rank 29th in rebounds allowed per game (31.1) while the Eagles rank 155th (36.0).
- Liberty ranks 49th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while FGCU ranks 90th (3.4).
- The Flames rank 18th in steals allowed per game (4.9) while the Eagles rank 149th (7.3).
- Liberty ranks 37th in three pointers attempted per game (26.9) while FGCU ranks 164th in three pointers allowed per game (23.8).
- The Flames’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 24.4, up from 17.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 75.0 points per game (2.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 80.4 points per game (1.9 above their season average).