BigSou foes will clash when the Campbell Fighting Camels (14-13, 8-7 BigSou) square off against the Liberty Flames (17-11, 8-7 BigSou) at John W. Pope Jr. Convocation Center. Action starts at 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 18, 2018.
Liberty Flames at Campbell Fighting Camels Free Preview
In the Flames last contest, they defeated the UNC Asheville Bulldogs, 82-69. Scottie James was Liberty’s high scorer with 23 points on 11-for-21 shooting. Liberty played a nearly perfect game. They had a phenomenal effective field goal percentage of 0.600 (above their season average of 0.538) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.0 (below their season average of 25.2). UNC Asheville was 0.490 and 16.7, respectively, for those same stats.
The Fighting Camels are trying to rebound after their 72-53 loss to the Radford Highlanders in their last contest. Chris Clemons was the top scorer from either team with 20 points on 5-for-17 shooting. Radford held the Fighting Camels to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.2 (below their season average of 22.5). Campbell, on the other hand, did a terrific job of making free throws (14-18; 77.8 percent).
It could be a tough game for Campbell on the offensive glass. The Fighting Camels rank 330th in offensive rebounding percentage (22.2 percent), while Liberty ranks second in defensive rebounding percentage (80.8 percent).
James has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Liberty, averaging 17.2 points and 8.2 rebounds per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Fighting Camels won 94-85. Campbell’s 0.917 effective field goal percentage was its biggest advantage over Liberty, who had a rate of 0.587. Clemons scored a game-high 42 points.
Liberty Flames at Campbell Fighting Camels Betting Prediction
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Campbell, ATS Winner – Campbell, O/U – Over
- The Flames are 23rd in the NCAA with 2.5 blocks allowed per game while the Fighting Camels are 33rd with 2.6 blocks allowed per game.
- Campbell ranks 80th in three pointers allowed per game (20.4) while Liberty ranks 230th (24.0).
- The Flames rank sixth in rebounds allowed per game (29.4) while the Fighting Camels rank 131st (34.4).
- Liberty averages 6.4 steals per game, which ranks 112th in the NCAA. Campbell ranks 161st in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- The Fighting Camels average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.0, down from 5.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Flames have scored an average of 75.6 points per game (2.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 67.4 points per game (3.2 above their season average).