The Wake Forest Demon Deacons (0-1) welcome the Liberty Flames (1-0) in a matchup that pits great offense against superb defense. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 14, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Liberty Flames at Wake Forest Demon Deacons ATS Preview
In the Flames last outing, they dismantled the Clarks Summit Defenders, 87-42. With 12 points and seven rebounds, Lovell Cabbil played well for Liberty. Liberty played a perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.510 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.598. For those same stats, Clarks Summit was 0.220 and 0.310, respectively.
The Demon Deacons are trying to rebound after their 85-83 loss to the Georgia Southern Eagles in their last matchup. Keyshawn Woods was the top scorer from either team with 25 points on 8-for-14 shooting. Georgia Southern had a much better turnover percentage (14.2 vs. 20.0). Wake Forest, meanwhile, did a terrific job of making free throws (18-23; 78.3 percent).
This showdown pits one of the nations top offenses against one of its elite defenses. Wake Forest ranks 14th in offensive efficiency and Liberty is 48th in defensive efficiency since the 2016-17 season. The Flames should be expected to protect the ball well. They rank 28th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.2 percent), while the Demon Deacons have forced the 39th-fewest turnovers in the nation (opponents turnover percentage of 16.5 percent).
Liberty Flames vs. Wake Forest Demon Deacons Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Liberty, ATS Winner – Liberty, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Flames rank 14th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while the Demon Deacons rank 192nd (3.7).
- Liberty ranks eighth in steals allowed per game (4.6) while Wake Forest ranks 133rd (6.1).
- Liberty averages 25.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 32nd in the NCAA. Wake Forest ranks 256th in three pointers allowed per game (23.0).
- The Flames rank 18th in assists allowed per game (10.6) while the Demon Deacons rank 215th (14.0).
- Wake Forest ranks 127th in rebounds per game (36.4) while Liberty ranks 309th (28.5).