The Lipscomb Bisons (13-15, 8-7 Asun) welcome the Liberty Flames (27-3, 13-2 Asun) to Allen Arena as the regular season finishes up. The game starts at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
Liberty Flames at Lipscomb Bisons ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Bisons lost to the North Florida Ospreys, 82-74, while the Flames had no trouble getting past the Kennesaw State Owls, 76-52.
Liberty played a nearly perfect game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 34.6 (above their season average of 25.9) and a turnover percentage of 11.9 (better than their season average of 14.1). For those same stats, Kennesaw State had marks of 20.7 and 17.5, respectively. Lipscomb, on the other hand, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.536 vs. 0.516). Ahsan Asadullah had a good outing for Lipscomb with 17 points, 14 rebounds and nine assists. Meanwhile, Caleb Homesley had a good outing for Liberty, contributing 26 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Scottie James led the Flames to a 67-60 win. He recorded a double-double with 16 points and 11 rebounds. The Flames’ 10.0 turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Bisons, who had a mark of 23.5.
The Flames’ Homesley has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 24 points,6.6 rebounds per game. Meanwhile, Asadullah has averaged 22 points,10.8 rebounds,3.6 assists,1.8 steals,1.4 blocks during that same time frame for the Bisons.
Getting to the line might be few and far between for Lipscomb in this showdown. The Bisons currently rank 272nd in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.202, while Liberty ranks 52nd in FTA rate allowed (0.186). Also, the Flames’ 14th-ranked offense (effective field goal percentage of 0.555) will clash against the Bisons’ 253rd-ranked defense (effective field goal percentage allowed of 0.506).
Liberty Flames at Lipscomb Bisons Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Liberty, ATS Winner – Liberty, O/U – Over
- Liberty ranks fourth in rebounds allowed per game (29.0) while Lipscomb ranks 169th (35.6).
- The Flames rank first in assists allowed per game (8.2) while the Bisons rank 130th (12.4).
- Liberty ranks ninth in steals allowed per game (4.7) while Lipscomb ranks 86th (6.0).
- The Flames rank first in blocks allowed per game (1.7) while the Bisons rank 154th (3.8).
- Liberty ranks 83rd in three pointers allowed per game (20.0) while Lipscomb ranks 229th (23.6).
- During their last five games, the Bisons have scored an average of 71.0 points per game (0.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 66.4 points per game (4.4 below their season average).
- The Flames’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 17.6, up from 16.1 for the season.