The Liberty Flames (26-3, 12-2 Asun) visit KSU Convocation Center to challenge the Kennesaw State Owls (1-26, 0-14 Asun). The Flames are on seven-game winning streak, while the Owls have lost 18 consecutive games. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 27, 2020.
Liberty Flames at Kennesaw State Owls Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Owls lost to the Jacksonville Dolphins, 69-55, while the Flames had no trouble getting past the Stetson Hatters, 77-49.
Liberty dominated every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 13.7 (better than their season average of 14.1) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.585 (above their season average of 0.551). Stetson put up marks of 23.4 and 0.420, respectively, for those same stats. Kennesaw State, on the other hand, did a terrific job of converting from the charity stripe (14-18; 77.8 percent). Kennesaw State was lifted by Tyler Hooker, who contributed 20 points and five rebounds. Caleb Homesley, meanwhile had a good game for Liberty, contributing 22 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Scottie James led the Flames to an 83-45 win. He notched a double-double with 16 points and 12 rebounds. The Flames’ 8.5 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Owls, who had a mark of 22.3.
Kennesaw State might struggle to find the bottom of the net as they square off against one of the nation’s best defenses. Liberty currently ranks first in defensive efficiency, while the Owls rank 353rd in offensive efficiency.
Liberty Flames vs. Kennesaw State Owls Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Liberty, ATS Winner – Liberty, O/U – Over
- Liberty ranks fourth in rebounds allowed per game (29.2) while Kennesaw State ranks 247th (38.0).
- The Flames rank 11th in steals allowed per game (4.8) while the Owls rank 131st (6.5).
- Liberty ranks 196th in three pointers attempted per game (20.8) while Kennesaw State ranks 297th (16.6).
- The Flames rank first in assists allowed per game (8.2) while the Owls rank 224th (14.4).
- Liberty ranks first in blocks allowed per game (1.7) while Kennesaw State ranks 161st (4.0).
- The Owls’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 13.6, down from 19.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Flames have scored an average of 73.2 points per game (4.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 58.6 points per game (5.7 above their season average).