The Liberty Flames (17-4, 6-0 Asun) and the Jacksonville Dolphins (9-12, 2-4 Asun) face off at Swisher Gym. The Flames will try to extend their seven-game winning streak. The game starts at 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, January 27, 2019.
Liberty Flames at Jacksonville Dolphins ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Dolphins beat the North Florida Ospreys 86-81, while the Flames dismantled the North Alabama Lions 72-47.
Liberty played a nearly flawless game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.444 (above their season average of 0.183) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.578 (below their season average of 0.588). North Alabama was 0.143 and 0.348, respectively, for those same stats. Jacksonville, meanwhile, was successful at getting and making free throws. The Dolphins made 21 of their 26 free throws (80.8 percent), while the Ospreys were just 2-8 (25.0 percent). JD Notae had a good game for Jacksonville, recording 22 points and seven rebounds. Meanwhile, Liberty was led by Lovell Cabbil, who had 20 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Caleb Homesley led the Flames to a 69-53 victory. He recorded a double-double with 14 points and 11 rebounds. The Flames’ turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Dolphins. Liberty had a rate of 11.5, while Jacksonville posted a mark of 20.5.
Opposite styles will be on display in this battle. Jacksonville prefers a fast-paced style of play (38th in possessions per game), while Liberty is methodical (337th in possessions per game). Furthermore, the Flames, who rank 296th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.193), will battle against the Dolphins, who rank 45th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.188).
Liberty at Jacksonville Betting Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Jacksonville, O/U – Over
- Liberty ranks 11th in rebounds allowed per game (30.0) while Jacksonville ranks 194th (36.2).
- The Dolphins rank seventh in blocks per game (5.6) while the Flames rank 118th (3.0).
- Liberty ranks seventh in assists allowed per game (9.7) while Jacksonville ranks 103rd (12.6).
- The Flames rank 71st in three pointers attempted per game (25.2) while the Dolphins rank 253rd (19.1).
- Liberty ranks 25th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while Jacksonville ranks 162nd (7.3).
- The Dolphins’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.6, up from 0.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Flames have scored an average of 68.8 points per game (7.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 51.6 points per game (7.4 below their season average).