The Lehigh Mountain Hawks (14-13, 9-7 Pat) will travel to Reitz Arena to meet the Loyola Maryland Greyhounds (8-19, 6-10 Pat) in their home finale. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 21, 2018.
Lehigh Mountain Hawks vs. Loyola Maryland Greyhounds Free Preview
The Mountain Hawks dismantled the Army West Point Black Knights in their last matchup, 84-53. Pat Andree was the game’s high scorer with 23 points on 7-for-11 shooting. The Mountain Hawks knocked down 17 of their 23 free throws (73.9 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.588 (above their season average of 0.530).
In the Greyhounds’ last matchup, they were thoroughly outplayed by the Colgate Raiders, 68-47. Cam Gregory was Loyola Maryland’s leading scorer with 10 points on 4-for-8 shooting. Colgate had a turnover percentage of 9.0 (better than their season average of 15.1). Loyola Maryland, on the other hand, did a great job of making free throws (13-18; 72.2 percent).
Loyola Maryland could have difficulty getting to the free throw line in this matchup. The Greyhounds rank 211th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.231, while Lehigh ranks 93rd in FTA rate allowed (0.210).
These teams have already met once this season. The Greyhounds won 91-88. The Greyhounds dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 12.5 and a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 45.1. For those same stats, the Mountain Hawks were 24.0 and 25.0, respectively. Andre Walker put up a double-double in the victory with 32 points and 12 rebounds.
Lehigh Mountain Hawks vs. Loyola Maryland Greyhounds Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Loyola Maryland, ATS Winner – Loyola Maryland, O/U – Over
- The Greyhounds rank 62nd in steals per game (7.1) while the Mountain Hawks rank 132nd in steals allowed per game (6.4).
- Loyola Maryland averages 34.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 192nd in the NCAA. Lehigh ranks 220th in rebounds allowed per game (36.4).
- Loyola Maryland ranks 30th in three pointers allowed per game (18.9) while Lehigh ranks 292nd (27.9).
- The Greyhounds rank 89th in assists allowed per game (12.5) while the Mountain Hawks rank 244th (15.8).
- Loyola Maryland ranks 135th in blocks per game (3.2) while Lehigh ranks 231st (1.8).
- The Greyhounds’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 18.4, up from 5.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Mountain Hawks have scored an average of 84.8 points per game (7.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 74.6 points per game (3.4 below their season average).