The undefeated No. 18 Virginia Cavaliers (7-0) and the Lehigh Mountain Hawks (4-3) clash at John Paul Jones Arena. Action starts at 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 2, 2017.
Lehigh Mountain Hawks vs. Virginia Cavaliers Odds Preview
In the Mountain Hawks last matchup, they defeated the Princeton Tigers, 85-76. With 17 points and six rebounds, Lehigh’s Kyle Leufroy put together a good game. The Mountain Hawks, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.497, had a solid mark of 0.573 and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.3 (above their season average of 24.7).
The Cavaliers come in on a high note after defeating the Wisconsin Badgers in their last matchup, 49-37. Virginia received a boost from Kyle Guy, who was the games leading scorer with 17 points on 8-for-17 shooting. Virginia dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0 (above their season average of 23.6) and a turnover percentage of 16.7 (worse than their season average of 13.0). Wisconsin put up marks of 26.5 and 21.5, respectively, for those same stats.
Getting to the line might be few and far between for Virginia in this contest. The Cavaliers rank 343rd in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.191, while Lehigh ranks 52nd in FTA rate allowed (0.206) dating back to the 2016-17 season. Also, the Mountain Hawks 36th-ranked offense (effective field goal percentage of 0.545) will face off against the Cavaliers 12th-ranked defense (effective field goal percentage allowed of 0.451).
Lehigh Mountain Hawks vs. Virginia Cavaliers ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Lehigh, ATS Winner – Lehigh, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Cavaliers rank seventh in rebounds allowed per game (30.0) while the Mountain Hawks rank 78th (33.6).
- Virginia is 21st in the nation with 2.5 blocks allowed per game while Lehigh is 34th with 2.7 blocks allowed per game.
- Virginia ranks second in assists allowed per game (9.5) while Lehigh ranks 225th (14.1).
- The Cavaliers rank 58th in three pointers allowed per game (19.3) while the Mountain Hawks rank 255th (23.1).
- Virginia ranks 13th in steals allowed per game (4.8) while Lehigh ranks 116th (5.9).