The Saint Francis U Red Flash (5-5) will be at home in DeGol Arena when they challenge the Lehigh Mountain Hawks (5-5). Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 21, 2017.
Lehigh Mountain Hawks vs. Saint Francis U Red Flash ATS Preview
The last time the Mountain Hawks played, they defeated the Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers, 75-60. Kahron Ross led Lehigh in scoring with 18 points on 7-for-10 shooting. The Mountain Hawks, who came into the game averaging an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.4, had a phenomenal mark of 35.5 and held the Mountaineers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.412 (below their season average of 0.523).
The Red Flash will look to maintain momentum after thoroughly outplaying the Bethany (WV) Bison in their last game, 113-77. Saint Francis U’s Keith Braxton led the way, recording 16 points, 11 rebounds and five assists. Saint Francis U played a flawless game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.296 (above their season average of 0.232) and a turnover percentage of 9.4 (better than their season average of 15.4). For those same stats, Bethany (WV) was 0.135 and 16.5, respectively.
Saint Francis U should have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Red Flash rank 87th in effective field goal percentage (0.554), while Lehigh ranks 306th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.543). Furthermore, the Mountain Hawks, who rank 298th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.199), will go head-to-head against the Red Flash, who rank 31st in opponents FTA rate (0.181).
Braxton has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Saint Francis U, averaging 20.0 points, 9.2 rebounds and 1.4 steals per game.
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year, after the Mountain Hawks won the sole contest last season, 100-67. Lehigh was lights out from beyond the arc (15-31; 48.4 percent). Saint Francis U, on the other hand, did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (14-18; 77.8 percent).
Lehigh Mountain Hawks at Saint Francis U Red Flash Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Saint Francis U, ATS Winner – Saint Francis U, O/U – Under
- The Red Flash rank 133rd in rebounds per game (35.2) while the Mountain Hawks rank 199th in rebounds allowed per game (37.4).
- Lehigh averages 24.3 three pointers per game, which ranks 80th in the NCAA. Saint Francis U ranks 218th in three pointers allowed per game (24.2).
- The Mountain Hawks rank 13th in steals allowed per game (4.7) while the Red Flash rank 97th (5.3).
- Saint Francis U ranks 132nd in assists per game (14.0) while Lehigh ranks 214th in assists allowed per game (16.7).
- The Red Flash have been outscored by an average of 1.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Saint Francis U has defeated opponents by an average of 2.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Mountain Hawks have scored an average of 71.8 points per game (4.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 75.4 points per game (2.7 below their season average).