The Lehigh Mountain Hawks (11-6, 4-2 Pat) will be at Alumni Hall to meet the Navy Midshipmen (6-11, 3-3 Pat) in a Pat matchup. The game begins at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 23, 2019.
Lehigh Mountain Hawks vs. Navy Midshipmen ATS Odds
Both teams fell in their last game. The Midshipmen fell to the Army West Point Black Knights, 72-61, while the Mountain Hawks lost a winnable game to the Bucknell Bison, 85-83.
Lehigh made 14 of their 23 three pointers (60.9 percent) while Navy had an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.2 (above their season average of 31.9). Navy was led by Evan Wieck, who had 12 points and 11 rebounds. Meanwhile, Kyle Leufroy was a key piece for Lehigh with 26 points, eight rebounds and five assists.
The Midshipmen dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the last contest, Navy won 77-75. Navy had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (33.3 vs. 21.7). Lehigh, on the other hand, did a terrific job of making free throws (15-18; 83.3 percent). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
The offensive glass should be a huge advantage for Navy in this battle. The Midshipmen currently rank 73rd in offensive rebounding percentage (32.3 percent), while Lehigh ranks 237th in defensive rebounding percentage (70.7 percent).
Lehigh Mountain Hawks at Navy Midshipmen Odds Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Navy, O/U – Over
- Lehigh averages 16.1 assists per game, which ranks 38th in the country. Navy ranks 221st in assists allowed per game (15.8).
- The Midshipmen rank 95th in rebounds per game (37.3) while the Mountain Hawks rank 195th in rebounds allowed per game (36.4).
- Navy ranks 207th in three pointers attempted per game (20.6) while Lehigh ranks 269th in three pointers allowed per game (27.6).
- The Midshipmen’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 3.0, down from 7.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Mountain Hawks have scored an average of 86.4 points per game (6.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 83.6 points per game (6.0 above their season average).