The Loyola Maryland Greyhounds (15-15, 7-10 Pat) welcome the Lehigh Mountain Hawks (9-20, 6-11 Pat) to Reitz Arena as the regular season comes to an end. The game starts at 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
Lehigh Mountain Hawks vs. Loyola Maryland Greyhounds Betting Odds
In their last game, the Greyhounds lost to the Navy Midshipmen, 62-57, while the Mountain Hawks barely escaped the Boston University Terriers, 57-55.
Lehigh’s 0.413 effective field goal percentage was their largest advantage over Boston University, who had a mark of 0.321. The Mountain Hawks’ mark was below their season average of 0.497, while the Terriers’ was below their season average of 0.521. Loyola Maryland, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 10.5 (better than their season average of 17.2). Loyola Maryland was lifted by Santi Aldama, who contributed 18 points and 12 rebounds. Jeameril Wilson, meanwhile played a key role for Lehigh with 11 points and 11 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Jordan Cohen led the Mountain Hawks to a 78-71 win. He produced 14 points and six assists. Lehigh had a better turnover percentage (14.2 vs. 19.0). Loyola Maryland, meanwhile, did an excellent job of making free throws (17-23; 73.9 percent).
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Loyola Maryland should have a considerable edge. The sweet-shooting Greyhounds offense ranks 70th in the NCAA in that metric at 0.524, while the Lehigh defense is ranked 255th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.507).
Lehigh Mountain Hawks vs. Loyola Maryland Greyhounds Odds Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Loyola Maryland, ATS Winner – Loyola Maryland, O/U – Over
- Loyola Maryland averages 15.5 assists per game, which ranks 23rd in the nation. Lehigh ranks 221st in assists allowed per game (14.1).
- The Mountain Hawks average 34.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 166th in the NCAA. The Greyhounds rank 177th in rebounds allowed per game (35.8).
- The Greyhounds rank 204th in three pointers attempted per game (20.5) while the Mountain Hawks rank 289th (16.8).
- Loyola Maryland averages 6.7 steals per game, which ranks 106th in the NCAA. Lehigh ranks 164th in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- During their last five games, the Greyhounds have scored an average of 58.4 points per game (12.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 57.4 points per game (14.9 below their season average).
- The Mountain Hawks have outscored opponents by an average of 0.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Lehigh has lost by an average of 5.1 points.