The Lehigh Mountain Hawks (7-18, 4-9 Pat) will be at Christl Arena to square off with the Army West Point Black Knights (12-12, 7-6 Pat) in a Pat matchup. The game begins at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Lehigh Mountain Hawks at Army West Point Black Knights Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious over their last opponent. The Black Knights defeated the Lafayette Leopards 65-48, while the Mountain Hawks beat the Holy Cross Crusaders 89-82.
The Mountain Hawks had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 41.9 (above their season average of 25.3) and had a turnover percentage of 13.4 (better than their season average of 18.1). Meanwhile, Army West Point’s 33.3 offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest strength over Lafayette, who had a rate of 19.6. The Black Knights’ mark was above their season average of 20.4, while the Leopards’ was below the 24.9 mark opponents have averaged against Army West Point this season. Army West Point’s Matt Wilson led the way, contributing 20 points and 13 rebounds. Meanwhile, Marques Wilson played a pivotal role for Lehigh with 16 points, nine assists and six rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Tommy Funk led the Black Knights to an 80-79 victory. He was the game’s leading scorer with 33 points. The Black Knights’ offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest strength over the Mountain Hawks. Army West Point had a rate of 28.1, while Lehigh posted a mark of 20.8.
Army West Point could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their sweet-shooting offense goes up against one of the nation’s worst defenses. The Black Knights currently rank 31st in effective field goal percentage (0.537), while Lehigh ranks 278th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.514). Moreover, the Mountain Hawks, who rank 263rd in offensive rebounding percentage (26.0 percent), might have a tough time getting put-back points against the Black Knights, who rank 51st in defensive rebounding percentage (75.4 percent).
Lehigh at Army West Point Free Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Army West Point, ATS Winner – Army West Point, O/U – Over
- Army West Point averages 16.4 assists per game, which ranks 15th in the NCAA. Lehigh ranks 202nd in assists allowed per game (14.2).
- The Black Knights rank 159th in three pointers attempted per game (21.8) while the Mountain Hawks rank 275th (16.9).
- Lehigh ranks 169th in blocks per game (2.4) while Army West Point ranks 225th (1.5).
- During their last five games, the Black Knights have scored an average of 68.2 points per game (0.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 67.6 points per game (1.0 below their season average).
- The Mountain Hawks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 8.4, up from 5.7 for the season.