The Lamar Cardinals (6-4) will travel to Ed & Rae Schollmaier Arena to clash with the TCU Horned Frogs (7-2). The game begins at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 14, 2019.
Lamar Cardinals at TCU Horned Frogs ATS Odds
Both teams beat their last opponent. The Horned Frogs defeated the Winthrop Eagles 70-60, while the Cardinals beat the Southern-New Orleans Knights 73-56.
Lamar dominated every facet of the game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.382 (above their season average of 0.168) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 44.1 (above their season average of 34.2). Southern-New Orleans put up marks of 0.092 and 34.9, respectively, for those same stats. Meanwhile, TCU’s 0.534 effective field goal percentage was their largest strength over Winthrop, who had a rate of 0.385. The Horned Frogs’ mark was above their season average of 0.517, while the Eagles’ was below their season average of 0.534. RJ Nembhard fueled TCU with 15 points and six rebounds. Avery Sullivan, meanwhile played well for Lamar, contributing 24 points and 16 rebounds.
It could be a mistake-prone game for the TCU offense. Dating back to last season, TCU ranks 145th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.3 percent), while the disruptive defense of Lamar has forced the 43rd-most turnovers in the nation (23.1 percent).
Lamar Cardinals vs. TCU Horned Frogs Betting Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Tcu, ATS Winner – TCU, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- TCU ranks 26th in three pointers attempted per game (23.0) while Lamar ranks 218th (19.3).
- The Horned Frogs rank ninth in steals per game (7.4) while the Cardinals rank 92nd in steals allowed per game (6.3).
- Lamar ranks 45th in rebounds per game (39.1) while TCU ranks 93rd (36.5).
- The Horned Frogs average 16.3 assists per game, which ranks 17th in the nation. The Cardinals rank 194th in assists allowed per game (14.3).
- TCU averages 4.5 blocks per game, which ranks 25th in the nation. Lamar ranks 141st in blocks allowed per game (3.8).