Expect a fast-paced game when the Lamar Cardinals (16-13, 10-8 SthLnd) visit Stephen F. Austin to play the Lumberjacks (25-3, 16-1 SthLnd). Action starts at 5:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
Lamar Cardinals at Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks Betting Odds
Both teams dismantled their last opponent. The Lumberjacks defeated the Northwestern State Demons 90-59, while the Cardinals beat the UIW Cardinals 86-66.
Lamar had a much better turnover percentage (10.3 vs. 17.8) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.682 (above their season average of 0.484). The Lumberjacks, meanwhile, forced 26 turnovers and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 41.5 (above their season average of 38.4). Kevon Harris was a key piece for Stephen F. Austin with 18 points and nine rebounds. Lamar was led by T.J. Atwood, who contributed 26 points.
In their first matchup this year, John Comeaux led the Lumberjacks to a 70-62 victory. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 18 points. Stephen F. Austin had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (41.2 vs. 21.7). Lamar, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (19-23; 82.6 percent).
There should be a fair amount of transition action in this battle that features a pair of the country’s more up-and-down teams. Stephen F. Austin ranks 22nd in possessions per game (74.2) and Lamar is 53rd (72.0). Also, the Cardinals rank 305th in turnover percentage (21.1 percent), while the Lumberjacks rank first in opponents’ turnover percentage (29.6 percent).
Lamar Cardinals at Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Stephen F. Austin, ATS Winner – Stephen F. Austin, O/U – Over
- Lamar averages 9.1 steals per game, which ranks 11th in the country. Stephen F. Austin ranks 216th in steals allowed per game (7.8).
- The Cardinals rank 31st in blocks per game (4.6) while the Lumberjacks rank 134th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- Lamar ranks 273rd in three pointers attempted per game (17.9) while Stephen F. Austin ranks 300th (15.9).
- The Lumberjacks rank seventh in rebounds allowed per game (29.6) while the Cardinals rank 208th (36.5).
- Stephen F. Austin ranks 29th in assists per game (15.2) while Lamar ranks 208th in assists allowed per game (13.9).
- The Cardinals’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.0, up from 3.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Lumberjacks have scored an average of 81.8 points per game (1.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 64.8 points per game (2.1 below their season average).