The Lamar Cardinals (1-1) will travel to Williams Arena at Minges Coliseum to take on the East Carolina Pirates (1-1). The game will air on ESPN 3 at 4 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 11, 2018.
Lamar Cardinals at East Carolina Pirates Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last contest. The Pirates lost a close one to the James Madison Dukes, 73-72, while the Cardinals were blown out by the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, 88-69.
Lamar had a much better free throw rate (0.300 vs. 0.190) while East Carolina had a better effective field goal percentage (0.559 vs. 0.500). Seth LeDay had a good outing for East Carolina, contributing 21 points. Meanwhile, T.J. Atwood fueled Lamar with 17 points and six rebounds.
East Carolina might have a difficult time scoring as they go head-to-head against one of the NCAA’s best defenses. Dating back to the 2017-18 season, Lamar ranks 36th in defensive efficiency while the Pirates rank 336th in offensive efficiency. Additionally, the Cardinals, who rank 43rd in offensive rebounding percentage (33.7 percent), will try to exploit the Pirates, who rank 314th in defensive rebounding percentage (68.2 percent).
Lamar vs. East Carolina Odds Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – East Carolina, ATS Winner – East Carolina, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Lamar ranks ninth in steals per game (8.6) while East Carolina ranks 212th (5.5).
- The Cardinals rank 139th in three pointers attempted per game (22.6) while the Pirates rank 246th (19.6).
- East Carolina ranks 169th in blocks per game (3.1) while Lamar ranks 248th (2.3).
- The Cardinals rank 65th in rebounds per game (37.9) while the Pirates rank 249th in rebounds allowed per game (36.6).
- Lamar averages 13.7 assists per game, which ranks 154th in the NCAA. East Carolina ranks 279th in assists allowed per game (15.6).