The Lehigh Mountain Hawks (15-13, 10-7 Pat) and Lafayette Leopards (9-19, 7-10 Pat) will go head-to-head at Stabler Arena to bring the regular season to a conclusion. Tip-off is set for 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 24, 2018.
Lafayette Leopards vs. Lehigh Mountain Hawks Odds Preview
In the Leopards last outing, they were beaten by the Boston University Terriers, 81-65. Lafayette’s Paulius Zalys had 11 points in the contest. One of Boston University’s largest advantages was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 7-8 (87.5 percent), while the Leopards were just 3-6 (50.0 percent).
The Mountain Hawks come in on a high note after defeating the Loyola Maryland Greyhounds in their last matchup, 80-74. Pat Andree played well for Lehigh, finishing with 15 points and 10 rebounds. The Mountain Hawks had a ridiculously low turnover percentage of 7.9 (better than their season average of 15.9), while the Greyhounds had a free throw rate of 0.179 (below their season average of 0.231).
Points at the line could be few and far between for Lehigh in this meeting. The Mountain Hawks currently rank 297th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.202, while Lafayette ranks 29th in FTA rate allowed (0.186).
Andree has been excellent over the last five games for Lehigh, averaging 16.6 points and 7.0 rebounds per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Mountain Hawks won 79-74. Lehigh won the rebounding battle. The Mountain Hawks had more offensive rebounds (nine vs. three) and total rebounds (42 vs. 37). In the loss, Matt Klinewski led all scorers on the team with 22 points.
Lafayette Leopards vs. Lehigh Mountain Hawks Betting Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Lehigh, ATS Winner – Lehigh, O/U – Under
- The Mountain Hawks rank 142nd in rebounds per game (35.6) while the Leopards rank 233rd (33.5).
- Lafayette averages 23.0 three pointers per game, which ranks 115th in the NCAA. Lehigh ranks 282nd in three pointers allowed per game (27.6).
- The Leopards rank 98th in assists allowed per game (12.6) while the Mountain Hawks rank 249th (15.9).
- Lehigh ranks 144th in steals per game (6.1) while Lafayette ranks 253rd (4.1).
- The Mountain Hawks have outscored opponents by an average of 10.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Lehigh has lost by an average of 0.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Leopards have scored an average of 77.8 points per game (6.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 71.6 points per game (2.2 below their season average).