The Saint Joseph’s Hawks (2-6) welcome the Lafayette Leopards (4-2) to Michael J. Hagan ’85 Arena. The Hawks will try to put an end to their five-game losing streak. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 3, 2019.
Lafayette Leopards at Saint Joseph’s Hawks Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Hawks were beaten by the Saint Francis U Red Flash, 79-63, while the Leopards were victorious over the Fairleigh Dickinson Knights, 80-75.
The Leopards, who came into the game averaging an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.6, had a fantastic mark of 43.3 and had a free throw rate of 0.246 (above their season average of 0.141). Saint Joseph’s, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.0 (above their season average of 29.4). Saint Joseph’s rallied around Ryan Daly, who finished with 23 points and seven rebounds. Meanwhile, Myles Cherry played a pivotal role for Lafayette with 15 points and 10 rebounds.
Saint Joseph’s should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Dating back to the 2018-19 season, Saint Joseph’s ranks fourth in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 14.7 percent), while Lafayette has forced the 11th-fewest turnovers (15.8 percent).
Lafayette Leopards at Saint Joseph’s Hawks Free Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Lafayette, ATS Winner – Lafayette, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Lafayette averages 24.3 three pointers per game, which ranks 86th in the country. Saint Joseph’s ranks 280th in three pointers allowed per game (24.8).
- The Leopards rank 12th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while the Hawks rank 83rd (3.0).
- Saint Joseph’s ranks 234th in steals per game (5.7) while Lafayette ranks 259th (5.3).
- The Leopards rank 95th in assists per game (14.3) while the Hawks rank 272nd in assists allowed per game (14.7).
- Lafayette ranks 159th in rebounds allowed per game (34.7) while Saint Joseph’s ranks 301st (38.2).