The Lafayette Leopards (3-8) will be at Stabler Arena to challenge the Lehigh Mountain Hawks (7-4) in a Pat matchup. The game is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 2, 2019.
Lafayette Leopards vs. Lehigh Mountain Hawks Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Mountain Hawks dismantled the Monmouth Hawks, 85-61, while the Leopards lost to the Saint Peter’s Peacocks, 93-86.
The Mountain Hawks had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (32.4 vs. 12.2) and had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.585 vs. 0.375). Lafayette, meanwhile, did an excellent job of making free throws (16-19; 84.2 percent). Pat Andree played a key role for Lehigh with 31 points and eight rebounds. Lafayette, meanwhile, was led by Justin Jaworski, who had 28 points and five rebounds.
The Mountain Hawks dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the most recent contest, Lehigh won 79-64. Lehigh had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (24.3 vs. 7.7). Lafayette, meanwhile, did an excellent job of making free throws (8-10; 80.0 percent). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Kyle Leufroy has been outstanding as of late for Lehigh, averaging 0 points over the last five games.
Lehigh should have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Mountain Hawks rank 65th in effective field goal percentage (0.546), while Lafayette ranks 252nd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.516).
Lafayette Leopards vs. Lehigh Mountain Hawks Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Lehigh, O/U – Over
- Lafayette ranks 79th in three pointers attempted per game (24.6) while Lehigh ranks 262nd in three pointers allowed per game (29.3).
- The Mountain Hawks average 15.5 assists per game, which ranks 52nd in the country. The Leopards rank 65th in assists allowed per game (12.0).
- The Leopards rank 67th in rebounds per game (38.4) while the Mountain Hawks rank 217th in rebounds allowed per game (38.8).
- Lafayette ranks 30th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while Lehigh ranks 130th (4.0).
- During their last five games, the Mountain Hawks have scored an average of 75.4 points per game (1.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.4 points per game (6.0 below their season average).
- The Leopards’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 8.8, up from 4.5 for the season.