The Holy Cross Crusaders (3-23, 2-11 Pat) and the Lafayette Leopards (15-9, 7-6 Pat) go head-to-head at Hart Recreation Center. The Crusaders will attempt to snap their six-game losing streak. The game begins at 2:05 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Lafayette Leopards vs. Holy Cross Crusaders ATS Odds
Both teams fell in their last matchup. The Crusaders fell to the Lehigh Mountain Hawks, 89-82, while the Leopards were defeated by the Army West Point Black Knights, 65-48.
Lafayette forced Army West Point into a turnover percentage of 18.1 (above the 12.3 mark opponents have averaged against Lafayette this season) while Holy Cross did a terrific job of converting from the charity stripe (19-23; 82.6 percent). Joe Pridgen played well for Holy Cross with 30 points. Lafayette received a boost from Myles Cherry, who contributed four points and 12 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Justin Jaworski led the Leopards to an 82-64 victory. He put up 19 points and five assists. One of Lafayette’s biggest strengths was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 19-22 (86.4 percent), while the Crusaders were just 5-6 (83.3 percent).
Points at the line could be few and far between for Holy Cross in this matchup. The Crusaders currently rank 329th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.172, while Lafayette ranks sixth in FTA rate allowed (0.147). Also, the Leopards rank 26th in effective field goal percentage (0.542), whereas the suspect defense of the Crusaders ranks 350th with an effective field goal percentage allowed of 0.559.
Lafayette Leopards at Holy Cross Crusaders Free Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Lafayette, ATS Winner – Holy Cross, O/U – Under
- Lafayette ranks 24th in assists per game (15.7) while Holy Cross ranks 192nd in assists allowed per game (14.0).
- The Leopards rank 182nd in rebounds per game (34.5) while the Crusaders rank 263rd (32.3).
- The Leopards rank 46th in three pointers attempted per game (25.7) while the Crusaders rank 155th (21.9).
- Lafayette ranks 42nd in blocks per game (4.3) while Holy Cross ranks 149th (2.7).
- The Leopards have been outscored by an average of 0.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Lafayette has defeated opponents by an average of 2.9 points.
- During their last five games, the Crusaders have scored an average of 68.0 points per game (2.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 78.8 points per game (1.6 above their season average).