A six-game home winning streak is on the line for the Colgate Raiders (11-8, 3-3 Pat) when they welcome the Lafayette Leopards (5-12, 2-4 Pat) to Cotterell Court. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 23, 2019.
Lafayette Leopards at Colgate Raiders ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Raiders had no trouble getting past the Boston University Terriers 77-56, while the Leopards defeated the American University Eagles 84-79.
The Leopards forced 19 turnovers and had a free throw rate of 0.464 (above their season average of 0.157). Meanwhile, Colgate played a perfect game. They had a superb turnover percentage of 8.6 (better than their season average of 16.4) and a free throw rate of 0.250 (above their season average of 0.194). Boston University was 18.2 and 0.167, respectively, for those same stats. Colgate was lifted by Rapolas Ivanauskas, who put up 17 points and 10 rebounds. Paulius Zalys played a key role for Lafayette with 21 points, seven rebounds and six assists.
The Leopards edged out the Raiders in this series last year, taking two out of three contests. In the last matchup, Colgate won 76-54. Colgate’s rebounding was their biggest advantage. The Raiders had more offensive rebounds (15 vs. three), defensive rebounds (29 vs. 23) and total rebounds (44 vs. 26). This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
The Leopards’ Justin Jaworski has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 18 points,3.4 assists per game. Meanwhile, Jordan Burns has averaged 21 points,8.8 assists,1.4 steals during that same time frame for the Raiders.
Contrasting styles will be on display in this meeting. Lafayette prefers a fast-paced style of play (78th in possessions per game), while Colgate likes to grind-it-out (248th in possessions per game).
Lafayette Leopards vs. Colgate Raiders Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Colgate, O/U – Under
- Lafayette ranks 14th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while Colgate ranks 111th (3.6).
- The Raiders rank 90th in assists per game (14.5) while the Leopards rank 107th in assists allowed per game (12.7).
- The Raiders rank 99th in rebounds per game (37.2) while the Leopards rank 168th in rebounds allowed per game (35.7).
- Lafayette averages 24.3 three pointers per game, which ranks 97th in the nation. Colgate ranks 155th in three pointers allowed per game (22.9).
- During their last five games, the Raiders have scored an average of 80.6 points per game (6.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.6 points per game (4.3 above their season average).
- The Leopards’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 0.6, down from 3.3 for the season.