The Lafayette Leopards (3-9, 0-1 Pat) will be at Christl Arena to take on the Army West Point Black Knights (5-9, 0-1 Pat) in a Pat matchup. The game gets underway at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 5, 2019.
Lafayette Leopards at Army West Point Black Knights ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Black Knights defeated the Marist Red Foxes, 73-69, while the Leopards lost to the Saint Peter’s Peacocks, 93-86.
The Black Knights had a much better turnover percentage (8.6 vs. 16.1) and had a much better free throw rate (0.392 vs. 0.231). Lafayette, on the other hand, did a great job of converting from the free throw line (16-19; 84.2 percent). Matt Wilson had a good performance for Army West Point with 24 points and six rebounds. Justin Jaworski, meanwhile had a good game for Lafayette, contributing 28 points and five rebounds.
This series was highly competitive last year, as the teams split their two games last season. The Leopards won the last game 81-54. One of Lafayette’s largest strengths was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 15-16 (93.8 percent), while the Black Knights were just 4-5 (80.0 percent). This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
Tommy Funk and Wilson have played at a high level over the last five games for Army West Point. Funk has averaged 0 points, while Wilson has recorded 0 points a game during that span.
Army West Point should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Army West Point ranks 34th in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.2 percent), while Lafayette forces the eighth-fewest turnovers (15.2 percent).
Lafayette Leopards vs. Army West Point Black Knights Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Army West Point, O/U – Under
- Army West Point averages 30.1 three pointers per game, which ranks fifth in the NCAA. Lafayette ranks 206th in three pointers allowed per game (25.3).
- The Leopards rank 24th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while the Black Knights rank 128th (4.1).
- The Leopards average 37.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 103rd in the country. The Black Knights rank 242nd in rebounds allowed per game (39.9).
- Army West Point ranks 22nd in assists per game (16.8) while Lafayette ranks 130th (13.6).
- During their last five games, the Black Knights have scored an average of 74.8 points per game (3.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 84.0 points per game (10.1 above their season average).
- The Leopards’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 8.8, up from 4.4 for the season.