The American University Eagles (14-13, 10-6 Pat) wrap up their home schedule at Bender Arena against the Lafayette Leopards (17-10, 9-7 Pat). The game gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
Lafayette Leopards at American University Eagles ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last matchup. The Eagles were beaten by the Boston University Terriers, 64-60, while the Leopards lost a close one to the Loyola Maryland Greyhounds, 70-68.
Lafayette had an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.8 (above their season average of 22.4) while American University had a better effective field goal percentage (0.474 vs. 0.474). Sa’eed Nelson fueled American University with 21 points, eight steals and five rebounds. Meanwhile, Lafayette received a boost from Leo O’Boyle, who finished with 21 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Justin Jaworski led the Leopards to an 82-70 win. He scored a game-high 32 points. Lafayette was effective at getting to and converting from the free throw line. The Leopards made 22 of their 27 free throws (81.5 percent), while the Eagles were just 7-12 (58.3 percent).
American University may have trouble getting to the foul line in this contest. The Eagles rank 278th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.202, while Lafayette ranks 13th in FTA rate allowed (0.159).
Lafayette Leopards vs. American University Eagles Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – American University, ATS Winner – American University, O/U – Under
- American University ranks 52nd in steals per game (7.7) while Lafayette ranks 231st (4.8).
- The Leopards rank seventh in blocks allowed per game (2.0) while the Eagles rank 90th (3.1).
- Lafayette ranks 167th in rebounds per game (35.0) while American University ranks 248th (33.0).
- The Leopards rank 43rd in three pointers attempted per game (25.7) while the Eagles rank 210th (20.3).
- Lafayette ranks 21st in assists per game (15.6) while American University ranks 164th (12.7).
- During their last five games, the Leopards have scored an average of 49.8 points per game (18.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 51.2 points per game (14.4 below their season average).
- The Eagles’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.2, up from 0.2 for the season.