The La Salle Explorers (10-6, 1-3 A10) will be at the Thomas M. Ryan Center to challenge the Rhode Island Rams (11-5, 3-1 A10) in an A10 matchup. Action begins at 12:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 18, 2020, and can be seen on NBC Sports Network.
La Salle Explorers at Rhode Island Rams Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Rams beat the Saint Joseph’s Hawks, 71-61, while the Explorers fell to the George Mason Patriots, 76-63.
Rhode Island played a nearly flawless game. They had an absurdly low turnover percentage of 7.0 (better than their season average of 15.2) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 39.6 (above their season average of 30.5). Saint Joseph’s was 17.6 and 37.2, respectively, for those same stats. La Salle, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 39.5 (above their season average of 27.9). Cyril Langevine was a key piece for Rhode Island with 14 points and 15 rebounds. Meanwhile, Saul Phiri had a solid performance for La Salle, recording 19 points.
The Rams dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the last game, Rhode Island won 76-57. Getting to the charity stripe was one of Rhode Island’s largest strengths. They made 26 trips to the line, while La Salle went just 13 times. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Looking at effective field goal percentage, Rhode Island should have a substantial edge. The Rams defense ranks 94th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.465), while the La Salle offense is ranked 225th in effective field goal percentage (0.490).
La Salle Explorers vs. Rhode Island Rams Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Rhode Island, ATS Winner – La Salle, O/U – Under
- Rhode Island ranks 25th in steals per game (8.9) while La Salle ranks 198th in steals allowed per game (8.6).
- The Rams rank 70th in blocks per game (3.9) while the Explorers rank 131st in blocks allowed per game (4.1).
- La Salle averages 13.3 assists per game, which ranks 131st in the NCAA. Rhode Island ranks 166th in assists allowed per game (13.4).
- The Explorers rank 81st in three pointers attempted per game (23.8) while the Rams rank 249th (17.7).
- Rhode Island ranks 28th in rebounds per game (40.4) while La Salle ranks 184th in rebounds allowed per game (36.4).
- During their last five games, the Explorers have scored an average of 65.4 points per game (4.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.2 points per game (2.0 above their season average).
- The Rams’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.4, down from 4.6 for the season.