The La Salle Explorers (10-4, 1-1 A10) will be at the William D. Mullins Center to challenge the Massachusetts Minutemen (6-8, 0-1 A10) in an A10 matchup. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 8, 2020.
La Salle Explorers at Massachusetts Minutemen ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Minutemen lost a winnable game to the Saint Louis Billikens, 83-80, while the Explorers defeated the Fordham Rams, 66-60.
La Salle dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 27.4) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.587 (above their season average of 0.493). Fordham put up marks of 25.7 and 0.453, respectively, for those same stats. Massachusetts, on the other hand, did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (19-24; 79.2 percent). Samba Diallo was a key piece for Massachusetts with 11 points and 14 rebounds. Meanwhile, La Salle was led by Isiah Deas, who finished with 13 points.
The Explorers dominated this series last year, emerging victorious in both contests. In the most recent matchup, La Salle won 60-51. La Salle had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.434 vs. 0.254). Massachusetts, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (9.3 vs. 16.4). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
This has potential to be a sloppy game for the offense of La Salle. La Salle ranks 298th in the country in ball protection (turnover percentage of 21.5 percent), while the disruptive defense of Massachusetts forces the 59th-most turnovers in the NCAA (22.7 percent).
La Salle Explorers at Massachusetts Minutemen Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Massachusetts, ATS Winner – La Salle, O/U – Over
- Massachusetts ranks 48th in steals per game (8.1) while La Salle ranks 194th in steals allowed per game (8.7).
- The Explorers rank 149th in rebounds per game (36.1) while the Minutemen rank 246th (33.0).
- La Salle averages 13.3 assists per game, which ranks 132nd in the NCAA. Massachusetts ranks 216th in assists allowed per game (15.4).
- The Minutemen rank 31st in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while the Explorers rank 136th (4.1).
- Massachusetts ranks 18th in three pointers allowed per game (17.5) while La Salle ranks 116th (21.3).
- During their last five games, the Explorers have scored an average of 67.0 points per game (3.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 64.2 points per game (3.9 below their season average).
- The Minutemen have been outscored by an average of 5.0 points in their last five games. On the season, Massachusetts has defeated opponents by an average of 0.1 points.