A five-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the Davidson Wildcats (14-12, 8-6 A10) when they welcome the La Salle Explorers (13-13, 4-10 A10) to Belk Arena. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 25, 2020.
La Salle Explorers at Davidson Wildcats ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Wildcats edged the Rhode Island Rams 77-75, while the Explorers were victorious over the George Washington Colonials 72-62.
La Salle was 8-15 on three pointers (53.3 percent), while George Washington was 6-20 (30.0 percent). The Wildcats, on the other hand, knocked down 22 of their 29 free throws (75.9 percent) and held the Rams to an effective field goal percentage of 0.390 (below their season average of 0.478). Jon Axel Gudmundsson had a solid performance for Davidson, recording 23 points and 12 rebounds. Meanwhile, La Salle received a boost from Ed Croswell, who finished with 12 points.
The Explorers won the sole game between these two teams last year, 79-69. La Salle’s free throw rate was their biggest strength over Davidson. The Explorers had a rate of 0.133, while the Wildcats posted a mark of 0.085. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
The high-octane offense of Davidson will battle against the mid-tier defense of La Salle. The Wildcats rank 46th in offensive efficiency, while the Explorers are 150th in defensive efficiency. The Wildcats should have the advantage on that side of the ball.
La Salle at Davidson Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Davidson, ATS Winner – La Salle, O/U – Over
- Davidson ranks 29th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while La Salle ranks 213th (8.5).
- The Wildcats average 2.8 blocks per game, which ranks 161st in the nation. The Explorers rank 165th in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- The Wildcats rank 71st in assists per game (14.3) while the Explorers rank 141st in assists allowed per game (12.7).
- Davidson ranks 51st in three pointers attempted per game (25.3) while La Salle ranks 99th in three pointers allowed per game (20.4).
- During their last five games, the Explorers have scored an average of 65.8 points per game (2.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.0 points per game (2.5 below their season average).
- The Wildcats’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.8, up from 5.9 for the season.