It will be a meeting between two great offenses when the Louisville Cardinals (9-3) square off against the 16th-ranked Kentucky Wildcats (9-2) at KFC Yum! Center. Action gets underway at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 29, 2018, and can be seen on ESPN2.
Kentucky Wildcats vs. Louisville Cardinals Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Cardinals defeated the Nicholls Colonels, 85-72, while the Wildcats lost big to the fourth-ranked Duke Blue Devils, 118-84.
The Cardinals had a much better free throw rate (1.050 vs. 0.190) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.537 vs. 0.476). Kentucky, on the other hand, did a terrific job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (28-38; 73.7 percent). Louisville’s Steven Enoch had a good outing, recording 15 points and eight rebounds. Kentucky, meanwhile, was led by Keldon Johnson, who finished with 23 points.
The Wildcats won the lone game between these two teams last season, 90-61. Kentucky made good use of their 30 trips to the free throw line, making 24 of them (80.0 percent). Louisville, on the other hand, was 10-13 (76.9 percent). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Jordan Nwora has really been playing well as of late for Louisville, averaging 0 points over the last five games.
This showdown figures to be a high-scoring affair as two of the nation’s top offenses go head-to-head. Louisville currently ranks 43rd with 114.4 points per 100 possessions and Kentucky is 16th (117.3). Additionally, the Wildcats rank third in offensive rebounding percentage (41.4 percent), while the Cardinals rank 13th in defensive rebounding percentage (77.4 percent).
Kentucky vs. Louisville Free Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Kentucky, ATS Winner – Louisville, O/U – Under
- Louisville ranks 115th in three pointers attempted per game (23.3) while Kentucky ranks 242nd (17.6).
- The Cardinals rank 33rd in steals allowed per game (5.3) while the Wildcats rank 61st (5.9).
- Kentucky ranks 72nd in assists per game (14.9) while Louisville ranks 78th in assists allowed per game (12.3).
- The Wildcats average 5.6 blocks per game, which ranks 15th in the nation. The Cardinals rank 73rd in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- Kentucky allows the fewest rebounds per game (27.1) while Louisville ranks 49th (32.2).
- During their last five games, the Wildcats have scored an average of 86.0 points per game (1.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 78.2 points per game (7.7 above their season average).
- The Cardinals’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.4, down from 11.8 for the season.