The 13th-ranked Kentucky Wildcats (10-2) will be at Coleman Coliseum to square off against the Alabama Crimson Tide (9-3) in a SEC matchup. The game will air on ESPN at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 5, 2019.
Kentucky Wildcats at Alabama Crimson Tide ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Crimson Tide dismantled the Southern University Jaguars, 82-62, while the Wildcats were blown out by the fourth-ranked Duke Blue Devils, 118-84.
Alabama played a nearly perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 44.4 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.573. Southern University put up marks of 27.5 and 0.409, respectively, for those same stats. Kentucky, meanwhile, did a great job of getting and making free throws (28-38; 73.7 percent). Donta Hall fueled Alabama with 20 points and five rebounds. Keldon Johnson led the way for Kentucky, putting up 23 points.
The Wildcats dominated this series last year, securing victories in both games. In the most recent contest, Kentucky won 86-63. Kentucky did an excellent job of getting and making free throws (20-28; 71.4 percent). Alabama, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (33.3 vs. 5.3). This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
A focal point for the Alabama offense is getting to the free throw line. The Crimson Tide rank 25th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.309), but Kentucky is among the best in the nation at keeping opponents away from the charity stripe (ranking 37th by yielding a FTA rate of 0.179). Additionally, the Wildcats, who rank third in offensive rebounding percentage (40.8 percent), will face a tough test against the Crimson Tide, who rank 56th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.2 percent).
Kentucky Wildcats at Alabama Crimson Tide Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Alabama, ATS Winner – Kentucky, O/U – Under
- Kentucky averages 5.8 blocks per game, which ranks 10th in the NCAA. Alabama ranks 112th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- The Wildcats lead the nation with 27.6 rebounds allowed per game while the Crimson Tide are 54th with 32.3 rebounds allowed per game.
- The Crimson Tide rank 31st in three pointers allowed per game (19.3) while the Wildcats rank 113th (22.2).
- Alabama ranks 27th in assists allowed per game (10.4) while Kentucky ranks 83rd (12.3).
- The Wildcats’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.8, down from 13.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Crimson Tide have scored an average of 76.8 points per game (0.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 70.0 points per game (1.3 below their season average).